Sign-ups are open until 11/19 for the MeFi Holiday Card Exchange!
U.S. Election Day on Mefi:
- Main Election day thread on the blue
- Guidance for election threads on Metatalk
- Mefi Chat for nervous pacing
- Break Room no election talk in here
- Activism thread share your phone-banking etc
- Voting thread share your voting story
- MST3K all-day watch party hangout space
- MetaCrafts discord hangout space
- Fucking Fuck thread the place for formless screaming
- There Is Help wiki page list of crisis hotlines
- Mefi Contact Form to reach the moderators
... we're more like marriage counselors in the relationship between you and your stuff: The Wrong Kind of Cheese has a very interesting comment about the multi-various aspects of professional organizing in unstrungharp's question Is a professional organizer a worthwhile investment?
We're in the middle of September fundraising for Mefi, and cortex is still half-hippy, so vote with your $ because those scissors are not going to pay for themselves! Jessamyn is making sponsored posts every day this month (acquire your very own excellent certified Jess post right here), plus we're auctioning precious Mefi Blue chatfilter posts (#1, #2; see the current slate of chatfilter topics suggested, vote, and add your own topic ideas to the main thread), and we're still dreaming, so make any post on the blue about dreams or dreaming and tag it #dreamweek to add to the fun.
Jessamyn has been making sponsored posts for Mefi fundraising month, and so far we have great posts on accidental isolators, Black Monday and other days of the week, Nadia Comăneci, guitar effects pedals, the first Black woman to visit every country in the world, how maps in the media make us more negative about migrants, and Hetty Green, the Witch of Wall Street.
yawper asks stylish womxn of mefi: what are you wearing at home during this pandemic? "If you're a generally stylish person, what do you wear at home to feel both comfy AND put together?"